Black and White Trading Limited (BWTL) are the owners of WorkPlace Wellbeing Professional. (‘We’ or ‘BWTL’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our website address is: https://workplacewellbeing.pro.
This policy (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
BWTL is the Data Controller and also acts as a Data Processor for GDPR.
Basis for Processing Data
Consent: Where you supply your data to us by purchasing a product, completing an opt-in form, joining a mailing list or similar activity then we will ask you to consent to us processing your data.
Legitimate Interest: In circumstances where consent is not used, we may process data on the basis of ‘Legitimate Interest’. We process your personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes which are in our interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide, but which we believe also benefit you, our customers or users. This will usually be in the form of email updates and newsletters which may be issued in print or digitally via an email, information on our Awards and events or provision of products and other services from BWTL and its sub-brands such as Symposium and HRreview.
In all our communications by email or in print we will offer you the right to ‘Opt Out’ of receiving further communications.
You have the right to object to this processing of your data, but please bear in mind that this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit. If you object to this processing of your data, then please ‘Opt Out’ to a communication or request that your data is deleted by emailing
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and/or other plugins, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or
- your photograph
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our group companies operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways (the following lists are not exhaustive):
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick, or untick, the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e the account registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Data is transferred to a database server located in our office, where it may be integrated with other information we hold on users to provide a central repository and back up of all our contact data.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. This includes (but is not limited to) the following suppliers:
- Communigator, a supplier which provides us with a cloud-based email system to enable us to provide you with customised newsletters and updates.
- Third parties (such as advertisers and sponsors) on whose behalf we have conducted surveys, competitions, promotions, events and other activities which you have chosen to take part in.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Third parties who purchase lists and data from us. We occasionally lease data to carefully selected partners we believe offer services and products relevant to contacts on our database.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, websites and email system. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or omitting to check) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] and please state the site it is in reference to.
You have a right to obtain your personal data from us and reuse it for your own purposes, without hindering the usability of the data (‘right of portability’). This right does not apply where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of authority vested in us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any automated decision making proceedures. We may use your data to profile you for marketing purposes, for example, to target relevant information for you based on your job title, location, company or industry sector.
To prevent data breaches our websites provide administrator access to only a limited number of employees and contractors. In the unlikely event of a data breach we will notify you by email of the breach.
Access to information
You can request to receive a file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Contact us via this form and please state the site it is in reference to.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
We use this this service to improve your experience across the sites. The cookies we use on our site include:
- The service:
- This service runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- The data Google Analytics stores about you:
- Non-identifiable data such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site. For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our site, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
This online service (the Service) is provided by Black and White Trading Ltd. By using the Service you accept these terms and conditions which apply to use of the Service and the materials and information it contains (Materials).
Black and White Trading Ltd grants you a non-exclusive licence to access and use the materials for your personal purposes. You may not reproduce or distribute any part of the content for commercial purposes. Copyright, database rights and all other intellectual property rights comprised in or relating to the Service and Materials belong to Black and White Trading Ltd and its licensors.
Black and White Trading Ltd may at any time make alterations to or withdraw the service or any part of it. Black and White Trading Limited excludes all warranties, express or implied relating to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, any implied warranty that the information it contains is accurate or up-to-date or is suitable for any particular purpose.
Black and White Trading Limited shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as the result of the use of this the Service. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If this website contains links to other owned by companies outside the Black and White Trading Ltd, users view such sites at their own risk. Black and White Trading Ltd is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content of such sites.
To the full extent permissible by law Black and White Trading Ltd shall have no liability for any damage or loss (including, without limitation, financial loss, loss of profits, loss of business or any indirect or consequential loss), however it arises, resulting from the use of or inability to use this website or any material appearing on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the website or any such material.
Thank you for visiting our site.