London Bridge Hospital, part of HCA Healthcare UK, has achieved Platinum accreditation in the We Invest in People award; the highest accreditation achievable from Investors in People, a global organisation committed to recognising excellence in people management. They are currently the only hospital globally to achieve this status.
As part of the Investors in People accreditation process, through which organisations can show they are actively making their workplaces better for employees, London Bridge Hospital was recognised for attaining High Performing (Platinum) in eight out of nine indicators linked to leading and inspiring people, performance, credibility and delivering improvement and success.
Within its report, Investors In People commented:
London Bridge Hospital is a friendly organisation that cares deeply about its staff and lives the ethos it has defined for itself every day. There is a healthy balance between the high standards expected of individuals at London Bridge Hospital and the support and recognition people receive for their hard work and dedication.
Investors In People
The organisation was particularly impressed by the dedication, professionalism and commitment shown by the whole workforce, reporting that “staff are proud to work at London Bridge Hospital thanks to the positive impact they have with patients and the culture of excellence”. They also noted that that “there is now truly values-based leadership in evidence throughout and the values are at the heart of the way the organisation operates with all stakeholders – partners, consultants, patients and staff.”
Rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission, the patients scored their satisfaction at 95%, which Investors In People attribute to the “300+ nurses who are trained and mentored to very high standards by line managers, clinical specialists and the training team.”
Additional evidence given as to why they received the Platinum accreditation includes:
- There is a real learning culture at London Bridge Hospital, with the hospital’s Learn and Grow Strategy investing in and developing people through high-quality learning; giving everyone the training and qualifications that they need to excel at their jobs and grow their careers.
- The hospital responded quickly and effectively to Covid-19, putting people first and investing in solutions to support staff around workload to ensure delivery of safe and high-quality care remains the same.
- There has been a clear increase in focus on diversity and inclusion in the last year at London Bridge Hospital. Nurses are recruited from all over the world and are provided with accommodation and English lessons.
- The well-being of staff is paramount, with initiatives around financial, physical, mental and social well-being available.
- Working in an open, honest and supportive culture where every colleague is encouraged to speak up, and there are channels in place to give everyone a voice and to be listened to.
Paul Devoy, CEO of Investors in People, said:
We’d like to congratulate London Bridge Hospital, part of HCA Healthcare UK. Platinum accreditation on We Invest in People is a remarkable effort for any organisation, and places London Bridge Hospital in fine company with a host of organisations that understand the value of people.
Paul Devoy, CEO of Investors in People
Commenting on the award, Janene Madden, CEO of London Bridge Hospital said:
We are delighted to have been recognised by Investors In People with the Platinum accreditation in the We Invest In People award. This is a true testament to the entire London Bridge Hospital team, where every single employee has worked hard to make this a reality. The happiness of our staff is reflected in the happiness of our patients, in which 95% were pleased with their quality of care. We are committed to continuing this level of accreditation and look forward to our next review in 2025.
Janene Madden, CEO of London Bridge Hospital